Welcome to the Swiss Industry Science Fund
The Swiss Industry Science Fund (SISF) promotes scientific excellence in research and education in Switzerland, within the scope of its member companies.
The SISF is an unregistered partnership of the member companies listed below.
Each member is represented through one or two delegates. They meet quarterly to discuss and decide on applications for support.
Current member companies (in alphabetic order) and delegates are:
Dr. Andreas Hafner
Dr. Andreas Valet
Dr. Yves Auberson
Dr. Wolfgang Haap
Dr. Jerome Cassayre
Dr. Fredrik Cederbaum
Last updated on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
The SISF provides financial support for selected initiatives meeting the following criteria:
- Selected scientific conferences, organizations, awards and special events in basic and applied research, for education and further development of students and scientists.
- Scientific areas covered include biology, chemistry and associated disciplines, with a focus on pharmaceutical R&D, life sciences and material sciences.
- Events must take place in Switzerland or nearby regions, and call for a substantial and active participation of Swiss-based scientists.
- Preference will be given to events open to broad, rather than local participation.
The SISF does not provide financial support for
- Matters belonging to the responsibilities of governments, corporate bodies of academic institutions.
- Infrastructural or personnel matters of research institutions (e.g. standard equipment, restructuring projects, positions).
- Specific research projects or joint ventures, which are dealt with by the member companies separately.
- Events focusing on clinical research, the practice of medicine or pharmacy, or technologies unrelated to the research areas mentioned above.
- Scientific publications and items of commercial interest (e.g. books).
- Applications for retroactive support. A request to the SISF has to be submitted in time to allow the SISF to take its decision prior to the corresponding event.
As the financial capabilities of the SISF are limited, there is no guarantee of support even if a request to the SISF formally meets with all premises of its policies. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
SISF applications and funding process
Last updated on Tuesday, August 13, 2018.
The SISF is updating its processes to meet compliance requirements. New deadlines for applications will be published here as soon as possible.
Granted sums need to be requested by the recipient by billing the SISF for the total amount granted. Bills have to be sent to the SISF Business Manager and may be paid in one or several installments. SISF shall have no obligation to pay any invoice that is submitted later than 18 months after the funding decision was communicated or if the event did not take place.
If the recipient or his organization is subject to VAT, the bill should be for the total amount granted, augmented by VAT, and the billing must conform to the VAT billing instructions, itemizing the total amount granted and VAT, as well as indicating the VAT number of the recipient.
Acknowledgement for SISF support
The SISF member companies jointly supporting a request will always be specified in the decision letter issued by the SISF secretariat.
Grantees are kindly requested to acknowledge SISF support including the member companies.
"This event is supported by the member companies of the SISF (Swiss Industry Science Fund), BASF, Novartis, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG and Syngenta."
The SISF Business Manager is Dr. Toby Braun
No warranty and no liability
While the SISF member companies are making great efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, they make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided on this Website and disclaim any liability for the use of this site or any site linked to it. The SISF member companies may change this site at any time without notice, but do not assume any responsibility to update it. All users agree that all access and use of this Website and on any Website linked to from this site and the content thereof is at their own risk. Neither the SISF member companies nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering this Website or on any Website linked to from this site shall be liable in any manner whatsoever for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access, use or inability to use this Website or any Website linked to from this site, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof.
No offer, no entitlement
The information on this Website does neither represent a binding offer nor create any entitlement for financial support by SISF for specific event or activity at any certain time, even if all listed criteria are met.
Links to third party pages are provided for convenience only. The SISF member companies do not express any opinion on the content of any third party pages and expressly disclaim any liability for all third party information and the use of it.
All mentioned trademarks are owned by or licensed to a member of a SISF member company.
The Website of the SISF member companies and the information contained and referenced therein are for informational purposes only. Any reproduction, retransmission or other use is strictly prohibited. Request for permission to reproduce any information contained on this Website should be addressed to the SISF Secretariat.